Please Note: There are no Beginners Yoga sessions during the Summer Holidays
A 45 minute lunchtime yoga class run by the Self CentreThis class is suitable for all ages and ability levels, from complete beginners onwards!
The classes will cover various types of Yoga Postures (asanas) together with some basic breathing and meditation techniques to help give you more energy and start to de-stress you. Discover the wonderful art of relaxation, learn how to switch off your chattering mind, and start to feel calmer and stress-free. For more information on the benefits of yoga
- This class is suitable for everyone aged 16+, and the poses will be adapted for all ability levels
- Bring your own mat, or hire one for £1 (mats can also be purchased from the teacher)
- Bring a water bottle, and wear comfortable clothing (N.B. the class will be barefoot)
- Please inform your teacher upon arrival if you have a health condition that you are receiving treatment for, or if you have recently had an injury or surgery
Don’t let a stiff or aging body be an excuse not to start!
These yoga classes will feature standing postures, backbends, forward bends (seated & standing), balances (hand & feet), spinal twists, hip openers, core strengtheners and inversions. Each session will start with a warm up and finish with relaxation, breathing or meditation.
Notes when practicing Yoga:
- Don’t eat a big meal just beforehand!
- Pace yourself and focus on your breathing at all times
- Always ask if something doesn’t feel right
- Always work to your own level, never compare to others
- Smile, relax and enjoy!
N.B. Class dates are subject to change, please check in advance.
Studio 2, The Apex, Bury St Edmunds
This class is promoted by The Apex and run by The Self Centre